Maintaining a clean house is a never ending battle. As part of writing this post, we were discussing holiday clutter and how the first step in cleaning is to de-clutter, it’s also the third step, the sixth step, the tenth step…it goes up exponentially based on the number of kids in the house. Any tips to make things easier is helpful. Below are some of my favorites:
- Keep cleaning supplies stashed throughout the house. We’ve said it before and we’ll probably say it again. But it’s one great way to guarantee that you’ll clean up. You’re far more likely to clean if the supplies are right at your fingertips rather than having to go hunt them down. Having an e-cloth handy means you don’t have to worry about the kids getting into them.
- Remove your shoes. Insist on taking your shoes off inside the house. IF you want to go there, think about all the places your shoes go and surfaces they touch… We’ll just leave you to ponder that. It’s pretty self-explanatory and you definitely don’t want it in your house.
Brush and wash pets outside. Pet hair is a huge contributor to messes on the floor. Consider washing and brushing your pet outside will help alleviate some of it. This may mean you can get away with sweeping or vacuuming every other day.
Groom and brush your pet with Pet Care by e-cloth.
- Make your bed daily. Even if the rest of your room is trashed, this will give the appearance and feel of it being “together”. It also gives you the first accomplishment of the day and starts your day off on the right foot.
- Wipe down countertops daily, both in the bathroom and the kitchen. Countertops are usually the first surfaces we place things and the first surfaces to get dirty and gunky. Wiping them down and keeping them clean gives at the least the appearance of the entire room being clean. These are logical places for a stack of e-cloths.
- Always empty the dishwasher. If the dishwasher is full of clean dishes, where do you think all those dirty dishes are? That’s right, in your sink.
- Wipe down your shower after every use which will prevent mold and soap scum from building up.
Clean with e-cloth. (But you knew we were going to say that didn’t you?) This works in two ways: a) e-cloth cleans with just water which leaves no nasty residues on surfaces. Residues attract dirt, dust and grime; and b) e-cloth cleans better than chemical cleaners which actually keeps surfaces cleaner longer!***HINT: Our Cyber Monday Sale is still going on! SAVE big on some of our best-selling items now. But HURRY – the sale ends Saturday, December 2.***
Unfortunately, our Cyber Monday Sale has ended. However, if you sign up for our newsletter, you’ll be one of the first to receive notifications of other amazing sales. Sign up here!
A final helpful tip: Don’t set your expectations too high. What we mean is be realistic! You know you’re busy, so don’t over-commit to a cleaning routine you’ll never actually live up to. I personally like the bite size 15 minute rule. Plan a task that you can accomplish in 15 minutes. Eventually, the whole job will be done, but no one part was overwhelming. That way if something doesn’t get done, you’re totally ok with it and you’ll get to it eventually.